Friday 14 January 2011

Writing: When It's Done, It's Done

The January issue of ACCU's C Vu magazine is out now. It contains the latest installment in my Becoming a Better Programmer column. This one's called When It's Done, It's Done, and is a description of how to do the "right" amount of work; to work out when your current task will be complete, and when you should stop working on it.

The magazine should have landed on ACCU members' doormats already. The PDF version is available for download on the website.

This is the first issue of C Vu for which I have produced the cover using Photoshop (previous issues were drawn in The Gimp). Most people probably won't notice, although I took the opportunity to make a few small visual tweaks. Ironically, Paul (the guest editor) asked me for a cover that was a bit "Java-y", and then there were no actual articles about Java. Ah well...

2 comments:

Russel Winder said...

My article was about the GPars, Groovy parallelism on the JVM, and you can use GPars from Java, does that count as Java-y?

Pete Goodliffe said...

Indeed. I stand corrected.

I should have picked Paul up on his editorial, in which he said "What you won't find is anything about Java."

Ho hum...

(That's not the biggest error in the issue, either :-) )