Wednesday 23 July 2008

On the road to Uganda

Tomorrow I'm flying to Uganda with eight other people on a mission trip to do building work for the Watoto orphanages.

Strangely, with all of the mad things going on here, I haven't really had a chance to stop and think too much about this trip.

It's no doubt going to be hard work, but an interesting and life changing thing to do. We don't yet actually know what kind of building work we'll be doing when we get out there; it could be house construction, or it could be essential infrastructure work. We'll see... Either way, I can't wait to make a difference in the lives of people out there.

I'll no doubt write about the whole experience in a couple of week's time when I'm back. I'm going to try to keep an audio diary of the trip, so hopefully there'll be something interesting to listen to, too.

My boss has asked me to kindly not contract malaria, or any other kind of life-threatening illness whilst I'm out there, so I'll have to bear that in mind...

No comments: