Thursday, 12 March 2009

Software: Dropbox

This week I was given a referral to try the beta version of Dropbox. I was impressed.

Dropbox is a simple file synchronisation service for multiple computers. It's your granny's rsync, if you like. Installation is simple, as is signup. You point the software at a magic folder that it will keep in sync with every other computer tied to your Dropbox account. It's simple, fast, and works well.

The free version offers 2G of space. You can pay for more, if you need it. If you're not on a machine with Dropbox installed there's a web interface for you to access your files.

It's working really well for me. I'm working on my presentation for this year's ACCU conference, and Dropbox is making my life easier. Rather than carry around the presentation with me to edit at work or at home, I just save it in my Dropbox folder, and the latest version is ready for me to edit wherever I am.

Check it out.

2 comments:

lijialefw said...

Why was there no follow on bankruptcy then? The bailout of AIG FP went to (wow power leveling) hedge funds that bound credit swaps on Lehman failing or others betting on rating (wow power leveling) declines. AIG has drained over 100 billion from the government. Which had to go to (wow power leveling) those who bet on failures and downgrades. Many of whom (power leveling)were hedge funds. I-banks that had offsetting swaps needed the money from the AIG bailout or they would have been caught. Its an (wow powerleveling) insiders game and it takes just a little bit too much time for most people to think (wow gold) through where the AIG 100 billion bailout money went to, hedge funds and players, many of whom hire from the top ranks of DOJ, Fed, Treasury, CAOBO

jay paul said...

Very informative post. Keep up the good work. I would really look forward to your other posts

Samsung - 14" Notebook 4 GB Memory - 500 GB Hard Drive

Samsung - 14" Notebook 4 GB Memory - 640 GB Hard Drive